There are many reasons why people choose not to make their Wills in Braintree, Essex and throughout the UK, but some of the most common that we typically here include –
“Writing a Will is tempting fate”, “I just have not got round to it yet” and “My family will get everything they are entitled to anyway”
These are all poor excuses. Whoever you are and whatever your circumstances, there is no excuse for not making your Wills in Braintree to safeguard your family’s future.
Wills can be used to determine who inherits your estate in Braintree or wherever else it may be located in the UK and Essex. Without a valid Will you cannot control who will inherit your estate after your death under the law which may be inconsistent with your personal wishes. You can also determine who your executors will be to administer your estate and who will act as the guardian(s) for your minor children if there is no other surviving parent when you pass.
You can also use your Will to express your preferences for burial or cremation along with donating organs or even your entire body to medical science. The making of your Will also gives you the opportunity to consider protecting your home against possible future care home costs. Therefore, when you die leaving a valid Will with executors who are still alive at the time of your death, once they have applied for a Grant of Probate, your executors may look to distribute your estate under your Will.
It is important to get the best possible advice from a service provider like Andrew Douglas Wills and Legal Services, based in Braintree, that services the whole of Essex writing Wills and providing other estate planning services.
Why should you get in touch with us today to make your Wills in Braintree?
- If you have not made a Will prior to your death, even your life insurance policies may not be paid until probate has been granted.
- Probate can take many months and sometimes even two or three years to be granted which may lead to mortgages getting into arrears or even repossession of the family home!
- If you have not appointed a guardian for your children in your Will then social services and/or a judge may have to decide who looks after them.
- If you do not make a Will before you die then your family may have to employ a solicitor to sort out what is to be inherited and who inherits it which could cost thousands of pounds.
- If you fail to make a Will then this may lead to unnecessary squabbles in your family regarding your estate’s distribution.
- If you have not made a Will prior to your death then it will be for the government to decide who gets what from out of your estate.
Having recognised the importance of properly drafted Wills for both you and your family in Braintree, Essex and throughout the UK, you are probably now wondering how much this is all going to cost you.
Well, whilst it is not really possible to be too specific since all Wills are different in both length and complexity due to’ clients individual requirements, it will not cost anywhere near as much as you think! This is because we always make every effort to keep the costs down for you whilst still providing you with a quality service to safeguard both you and your loved ones best interests.
It is part of the Andrew Douglas Wills and Legal Services promise that we will only charge you for any and all work done at a price agreed upon before that work begins. We will not try and sell you any services related to Wills and other estate planning options we do not believe you need. There are NO HIDDEN EXTRAS. The price we agree with you is all inclusive for Wills and all of the other services Andrew Douglas Wills and Legal Services offers and it will be thoroughly explained to you what you are paying for. All that we then require from you by the time the work is completed is payment.